Friday, April 24, 2009

A Few Goodies

Blender has released version 2.49! This means a lot, and I do mean A LOT of great things, especially for rigging. I'm not even going to talk, I'm just going to shut up while you watch.





There's plenty more where that came from. I don't know about you, but I am really, REALLY excited about this. I started using Blender when I was in junior high, and even though the interface has always been a bit confusing to me (something that will be changed in 2.5) I've always liked it.

Hope this makes up for my lack of posting yesterday!

1 comment:

  1. To be fair, 2.5 won't magically fix everything. And its interface is likely going to be just as confusing to a new user, same as almost every 3d app (they all seem to do things differently, and without a manual you can't just sit down and be productive off the bat).

    What 2.5 will do is make everything more self-consistent (learn one part of Blender, and that knowledge transfers to other parts), better organized (it's more logical where to find what you're looking for, once you know the system), and it will drastically improve work-flow (all actions can be tweaked and changed after-the-fact with real-time feedback, the interface is multi-threaded and non-blocking, etc.).

    But yes, 2.5 is super exciting! :-)

    ReplyDelete