Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Credit Where Credit is Due

There are a ton of really awesome TDs out there, but for today I want to give credit where credit is due, and provide some nice tutorials. So I'm going to go ahead and feature my rigging teacher's page, which features some of his work and some helpful tutorials.

These are really useful for learning basics, starting with a simple biped structure, FKIK switches, IK spine, and building up to more advanced things, such as facial rigging and using scripts. Currently, I'm in his Advanced Rigging class, where we've written a whole slew of tools that make the lives of riggers so much easier. The layout of the tutorials is easy to follow, and there are plenty of pictures for people like me, that better understand something that's illustrated.

Hooray, labeled joints!



I find things like this much easier to follow than plain text. There are also examples of how the hierarchy should look, which certainly makes things easier when you start doing things like fingers and facial rigging.



Plus, he's a pretty cool guy. Thanks for sharing your secrets, Mason!

No comments:

Post a Comment