Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Houdini

Side FX has a new version of Houdini out, so I went over to download the apprentice version since I've been meaning to get a stronghold on Houdini. If you're using the apprentice version, you have full access - there's just a watermark and non-standard filetypes (though fortunately one can import objs, which is good, because a modeler I am not). Although schoolwork has prevented me from playing with it too much, I will be doing a few exercises with it for Friday Night Modeling and Rigging workshops.

If anyone has any good rigging resources for Houdini, I would much appreciate them. I have one DVD, and the tools are similar to Maya, but I really want to get into the guts of it and learn the ins and outs. Apparently, knowing Houdini can get you places...

3 comments:

  1. Hey Jessica

    Just wanted to let you know that Side Effects' website has a tutorial on using the Auto Rig in their Character section, in case you haven't seen it yet. Also 3D Buzz has some nice tutorials on their site and in their DVD collection to get started with rigging in Houdini. I hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for letting me know! This blog has been a bit dead since summer schedule is killing me, but I've still been playing with Houdini here and there a bit.

    I have one of the DVDs, just haven't had a chance to really look at it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting topic, thank you for putting up. https://www.5g999.co/slot

    ReplyDelete