Saturday, November 21, 2009

Maxya, a script editor to be thankful for

Well, my Professional MEL Solutions for Production book finally came! So far it's quite a fantastic read. One cool thing I found was a list of a few nifty script editors - MEL Studio Pro I already covered, but I did come across Maxya (sorry, there's not really a description I can link to) is a fantastic script editor for MEL AND Python, that runs outside of Maya, has a complete MEL command reference built in, and has syntax highlighting for both MEL and Python. The best part - if you execute a command in Maxya, it will run in Maya without having to set up any crazy settings. Ahhhh.

The free Learning Edition has everything except for the option to save, but honestly, I use MEL Studio for, well, MEL anyway, and copying any Python scripts to a different editor and saving them out is no big deal.

Anyway, check it out!

And of course, have a Happy Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment